Monday, March 7, 2016

7th Mar 2016 (世界真細小 – Hackend Lee and Joey Yung)

The song for today is “世界真細小” by Hacken Lee and Joey Yung. This song is a reader request. It was a song from last year, for their concert. The direct English translation of the title is “A small world”.

The lyrics of the song are about an ex-couple bumping into each other, wanting to show the other how good their life have been after they broke up. I will represent Hacken’s line with “H:”, Joey’s by “J:” and together by “T:”. “H: Why today have been chosen? A day that I didn’t prepared for. How long it has been since I broke up with my ex, and yet we bump into each other today. I didn’t have my wife next to me, I am not riding a sport car, how could I give you the impression that I am better than the me from before? J: Thought to be with you again, and yet this moment it become the truth. I am shock, like I am about to be punished. H: would hugging really stick out? J: When I have healed. H: The feeling is over the top, the aftertaste of old partner and old secrets. J: Meeting with you, it will be weird to talk about the old faults. How’s have you been? H: Everything is fine without changes? J: Have you been happy? H: You must have a partner by now right? J: Universe is so small H: No matter how hard I dodge, we will still meet? J: This meet up is scary. So today only want to bump in by chance? H: I can only rush to pretend to be elegant. J: I didn’t bother you right? H: Turning back actually don’t have room to run right? J: Let’s talk for a bit longer then. H: How to use this chance to clear the debt? J: We can try to dodge on the road, but could we do the same in our memories? H: Meeting you in this narrow road, felt as if I couldn’t cross over. J: Shaking hands and we can let go together? H: Can we let go together? J: Tried my hardest to be elegant, or not being scare to start arguing on the street. After so many practice, the day finally comes. But there isn’t a decoration for the spotlight, only a pair of broken socking. How could I get you to remember the day when you dump me. H:  Thought to be with you again, and yet this moment it become the truth. I am shock, like I am about to be punished. J: It is better than waiting until we are 50 or 60, then to clear this up. H: But this end of the world is more quite than what I thought. J: More than half of our life, and we are against each other. H: No one cried. T: Rather to clear this out right now. H: The world is not large enough. J: Enemy and lover will always meet again. H: The more you try to run, the more you meet. J: Why Mang Po tea is not available to normal people? (“Mang Po” is a legend in the Chinese culture. It was believed that once you pass away, you will need to cross a bridge, and on the bridge, an old lady, referring to Mang Po will hand you a soup (or tea). After drinking it you will forget your pass life and ready for reincarnation). H: If you know that you are scare, could you just face it quickly? J: Lift my head and just face it? H: No matter how scare it seems, it couldn’t fight against letting go. J: Pessimistic can just disappeared. H: Let the ex keep coming. J: Like my old habit, scared then I will backed off. H: Just like sickness and pass away, all got used to. J: Why bother on the moment when I turned around. H: If you bump into disasters, you would instantly befriend with it? J: Understood that the universe that I lived in is a small world. H: Then you will not be scared anymore. J: No time to be scared. H: Understand? J: Trying.” Hope you will like the song.

21st Oct 2015 (紙牌屋 – Hacken Lee)

12th May 2013 (世上只有 – Joey Yung)
3rd May 2013 (16 號愛人 – Joey Yung)
8th Apr 2013 (與蝶同眠 – Joey Yung)

世界真細小 – Hackend Lee and Joey Yung






2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny!

    Thank you so much for the lyrics!! You did a great job! I'm a huge fan of HL & JY so I have so many songs I want to request. I hope I'm not a bother. >_< As for the next song, can I request 罪人 also by Hacken Lee? Thanks in advance~

    -Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, no worries. You request doesn’t bother me, so keep them coming :) While I can’t promise when I will post it, I will eventually post them one day :)

      Delete