Wednesday, October 24, 2012

24th Oct 2012 (搜神記 – Joey Yung)

The song that I chose for today is “搜神記” by Joey Yung. Joey is considered as one of the tier one singer in Hong Kong. I personally quite like the tune of this song. The title of the song is the same as an ancient Chinese book, which is a compilation of weird/ghost/miracle stories. Though the song has nothing to do with the book apart from sharing the same name. The English translation of the title is “In Search of the Deities”

The lyrics of the song is quite complex, and I don’t think I fully understand the whole story. But my interpretation is that the protagonist was in love with a man that she likes, but she was betrayed. So she tell herself to move on, she tell herself that if she move on she will have a brighter future and she will be able to create a whole new story in her life. Hope you will like the song.



搜神記 – Joey Yung

No comments:

Post a Comment