Sunday, December 4, 2016

3rd Dec 2016 (合久必婚 – Hacken Lee)

The song for today is “合久必婚” by Hacken Lee. The direct English translation of the title is “Stay together for long so must married” The title actually plays with words. There is a Chinese phase “合久必分”. Only the last word is different to the song title, but the two pronounced the same. In the Chinese phase, it means separation, so it is saying that when a couple stay together for too long, the fate would be that they will separate.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist not sure why him and his girlfriend still haven’t married even though they have been through so much. He speculates that perhaps he just didn’t have the courage and the mentality to get married. He said: “Perhaps I haven’t learnt to protect others, so that’s why we still haven’t make each other official. Making you feels uncomfortable to be my lover for life, perhaps we are not the perfect match. We both busy, such a beautiful excuse. Didn’t love enough, only an excuse. Even though I loved you so much, yet still don’t have the courage to step out of the church, no reasons. Why am I still not good enough? Please listen to my prediction, even if we haven’t travelled to Huadu (a city in China, it name means the “city of flower”, which is why I think it was chosen in the lyrics instead of other places). Those that I can give you I will fulfil it all and I never asked anything back. The only thing that I want is to wish you to be happy. Who else could be better than me? I also want to know too. Even if this face never make you feel great, you can at least think of it as accompanying a cushion. No matter how bad the world gets, returning home will always want to be hugged. Unless you don’t really care about this relationship as it is obtained too easily. Tomorrow if you wanted me to give you a hug, but it is better if we couldn’t meet, but I promise that I will arrive the earliest.” Hope you will like the song.

21st Oct 2015 (紙牌屋 – Hacken Lee)


合久必婚 – Hacken Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment