Friday, March 6, 2015

6th Mar 2015 (再任我唱 – Wilfred Lau, Joey Tang, Patrick Lui and Terence Yin)

The song for today is “再任我唱” by Wilfred Lau, Joey Tang, Patrick Lui and Terence Yin. This song is a reader request, it is the theme song for a HKTV drama. Wilfred is a singer, though these days he don’t produce much songs and become more of a movie star. Joey and Patrick are members of a famous band “Taichi”. Terence is rather interesting, he have mostly been a movie star, but he had once become a solo singer and later become a member of “Alive” (which consisted of Daniel Wu (吳彥祖), Andrew Lien (連凱), Conroy Chan (陳子聰) and Terence). Alive formed in 2005 but was disbanded in 2006, because at the beginning they formed to make a movie, but during the process they said that they had disagreement within the team and posted video of their disagreement onto the internet. It became rather big. But later on when the movie was in cinema, all the media realised that the so call disagreement was planned, and the four of them was just trying to make fun of the media and used them for promotion. This got so many media angry as they though that they were their friends (and so why they reported their news), but at the end Alive just used them for promotion. As so many media were angry, in 2006 Alive apologised and disbanded. Anyway, back to the song, the direct English translation of the title is “Let me sing again”.

The lyrics of the song are about people had given up their singing dreams, and now wishing to gain it back (I guess it goes in line with the HKTV drama story). Since there are 4 singers here, I will represent Wilfred by “W”, Joey by “J”, Patrick by “P” and Terence by “T”. All: Why before we lost our dreams, we will use the microphone to sing. No need to be so weak, it is normal to be brave. Need to let our throat to expand. Our heart is full of hopes, worse comes worse we can just pretend that it is all just a dream. Partners and friends are here, with or against the flow, we will still have the courage to sing. W: The world diluted my truth self, turned my life to focused on work, to a point that I lost my motivation. My dreams had long gone. P: Let me pick back up the skill that I used to have. Climb and again the cliffs and unreachable places. The reality had once worn away my passion, but I decided that this time I will try my hardest. J: Jealously or misunderstanding, don’t let it keep going. J, W and T: I love music the most, no matter how old I am. All: Why before we lost our dreams, we will use the microphone to sing. No need to be so weak, it is normal to be brave. Making our soul to burn and expand, everyone should be full of hope. Don’t worry that this might all just be a dream, with our partners and friends, with or against the flow, we will be dare to move forward.” Hope you will like the song.


Other Taichi related songs:


再任我唱 – Wilfred Lau, Joey Tang, Patrick Lui and Terence Yin

1 comment:

  1. Thx for the extra background information! It's interesting

    ReplyDelete