Friday, October 16, 2015

16th Oct 2015 (思覺失調 – Wilfred Lau)

I have been a bit busy in the last few days, so many things had happened. I went for an interview for a job that I applied long ago (before I even applied for my current job), only to find out during the interview that one of the interviewers is a good friend of my current boss!!! Ultimate interview tragic.

Anyway, back to what this blog is about. The song for today is “思覺失調” by Wilfred Lau. This song is a reader request. I remember I used to listen to this song a lot during my oversea exchange in uni. The direct English translation of the title is “Early Psychosis”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said: “Still ok? Still couldn’t sleep at night? Silly, forgetting to bring your keys may make you feel angry. Still care about you, so wishes that I could still ask every day. But at the end, I understand that my role no longer matches your need, so I let him to replace me to care for you. Asked too much and you just wouldn’t want to answered. So tight that Sagittarius couldn’t stand it. Loving you makes you feel uncomfortable, so I left and never said anything. Wishes that from tomorrow, I will no longer care about you, I would understand that I couldn’t change it and that you are far away. Even if I tried my best to keep every of my promises, at the end, no one will pity me. Very dangerous, like soon I will be psychosis. Couldn’t accept the truth and so I imagined to continue the story. You voice still circled my ears, but you couldn’t tell my position. Asked too much and you just wouldn’t want to answered. So tight that Sagittarius couldn’t stand it. Loving you makes you feel uncomfortable, so I left and never said anything. Wishes that from tomorrow, I will no longer care about you, I would understand that I couldn’t change it and that you are far away. Even if I tried my best to keep every of my promises, at the end, no one will pity me. Very dangerous, like soon I will be psychosis or am I being too cheap, or that I cared too much, too shallow? I still tried even after a hundred messages, but I still couldn’t get you to care about me. What’s left is just what have been overdraft. I have done wrong, so all it recorded are my bad points. Painful because it was me you make you disappointed. I tried to make up for you, but I guess it is too late. If one day you talked about marriage, I will use the luck of my entire life to wish you the best. I still keep the movie tickets of the films that we watched together. But should I still dump these tickets?” Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:


思覺失調 – Wilfred Lau

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation. Hope things went okay with your job. Was your current boss really upset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think my boss hasn’t found out yet as the interviewer promised not to tell (but I don’t think this could be kept as a secret forever). The interview turn a bit sour after that as it felt a bit awkward. Besides, I still haven’t make up my mind yet as my current contract job would be more relaxing but the other potential job (if they end up offering to me) will be more stressful but would be permanent. Anyway, I guess I am thinking too far ahead, because my fate might have been chosen by natural selection lol

      Delete