Saturday, March 16, 2013

16th Mar 2013 (今天你生日 – Nicholas Tse)

The song that I chose for today is “今天你生日” by Nicholas Tse. I chose this song for today because it is the first anniversary of this blog!!! Yeah!!! I never thought I can actually commit to write a post per day. Initially I thought it would be easy to choose a song each day as I got so many songs in my iTunes. But as times goes, each day is getting harder and harder as I realised that I only listen to a fraction of my collection. Then again, part of the purpose of this blog is to encourage me to listen to more of my collection :D so this is rather enjoyable even though it gets a bit difficult.

I purposely chose this song for the first anniversary of this blog because I got a story about this song. I remember many years ago, perhaps 10 to 12 years ago, it was my mum’s birthday. Back then I was so excited with computer (well, I actually still excited about computer and gadgets), that was the time when computer are getting more common. My mum, being a typical last generation person, hardly uses the computer (partly because she don’t quite know how to use it), only use the computer occasionally to read overseas news. Because it was her birthday, I search on internet to see whether I could change the logon music (it was window XP) to a happy birthday song, so that when she use the computer it will play happy birthday. I guess I was too optimistic….First, as a novice on computer, I didn’t manage to change the logon music. To fixed that I think I somehow manage to like the song with the internet explorer, so that when internet explorer opens, it plays the song. But the second problem occurs, on her birthday, she didn’t turn on the computer in the morning (she usually read the news in the morning). So I remember I came up with some excuse asking her to turn on the computer (and she was a bit reluctant). So I just can’t wait to see her reaction, I was standing next to her when the computer was loading. At the end, because the whole thing was so complicated, the song didn’t play automatically, I have to click it. I guess she wasn’t that excited either. You might want to ask what this story got to do with the song right, well, the song that I used for her so call birthday surprise was this song by Nicholas Tse. The English translation of the title is “Today is your birthday”. Not to mention that because the song is so not a typical birthday song (it is more like a rock and roll with a long intro section), my mum didn’t realised the song was for her birthday, so that birthday surprise was a complete failure.

The lyrics of the song are about birthday. This song got a very simple theme, it basically say that as today is your birthday, so the world is yours today. The song start off saying that you might have been treated badly and you might have been poor. You might have been unhappy, luck was never accompanying you and things only get worse and worse. But today is your birthday, your luck will definitely get better, snacks are all lying on the table waiting for you to eat them. Today is your birthday, no matter what others feel, they will all listen to you, all the people will become your best friends and give you presents. Yes, perhaps things weren’t great before and nothing had made you happy. But today is your birthday, everyone will play with you. Today you are god, so theoretically you will easily get happy and everything that you dream of will came true. Today you are god, so all your friends will make you happy.

I quite like the lyrics of this song as it is very positive, it keeps telling you that things will get better. If it is your birthday today, I wish you happy birthday. Hope you all will enjoy the song.



今天你生日 – Nicholas Tse

No comments:

Post a Comment