Saturday, November 10, 2012

10th Nov 2012 (玉蝴蝶 – Nicholas Tse)

The song that I chose for today is “玉蝴蝶” by Nicholas Tse. This song came out in 2001. From memory this song was one of those used for promotion for the album, but it didn’t get very popular. The English translation of the title is “Jade butterfly”.

The lyrics of the song are quite complete, I am not sure whether I completely understand what it try to say, but I will share my thought. My understanding of the lyrics is that it talks about the protagonist making up difference names for his lover. But at the end he seems to conclude that no matter what he call her, she will still respond and she will still be who she is. I guess what it tries to say is that when you love someone, no matter what he/she is like you will still love them because you like their personality. Hope you will like the song.



玉蝴蝶 – Nicholas Tse

No comments:

Post a Comment