Tuesday, January 22, 2013

22nd Jan 2013 (手望 – Ivana Wong & Hins Cheung)

The song that I chose for today is “手望” by Ivana Wong. Ivana is staring in a TV drama, and every day when I watch the show I looked forward for her to sing in the drama. I guess it is because of seeing her on TV every day, it makes me wanted to listen to her song, so here I am, chosen a song from Ivana from 2005. The direct English translation of the title is “Guarding” (Note that the title is not exactly guarding, as the first word in the phrase is not the correct word, but a word that got the same pronunciation. I guess that was done to better represent the story in the lyrics.)

The lyrics of the song are about a pair of couple. In it, the male had just passed away, the girl is on the side of his bed and felt very sad. The girl really want to spent the rest of her life with him, so she was considering to commit suicide. While the boy was dead, but his spirit is actually next to her, wishing that she could live on and be strong. Both at the end pray to god that they could be together in their next life. Hope you will like the song. By the way, there are two version of this song, one is a solo version by Ivana, the other is the duet version by Ivana and Hins. I have linked to both version just in case you wish to listen to both.

手望 – Ivana Wong


手望 (守望版– Ivana Wong & Hins Cheung


No comments:

Post a Comment