Friday, January 11, 2013

11th Jan 2013 (我不要你愛我 – Miriam Yeung)

The song that I chose for today is “我不要你愛我” by Miriam Yeung. This song is one of my all-time favourite. I loved the melody of this song, but when I was young, I really have no clues what the lyrics are about. The direct English translation of the title is “I don’t need you to love me”.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist know that she her boyfriend got another girlfriend, yet she played along. She can see through the purpose of her boyfriend’s action. In a way she feel that she is not good enough to match her boyfriend (that’s partly why I think she let her boyfriend to have another girlfriend), yet she love him so much that she can’t let go. So she wishes that he would love him, because that way she thinks that he will still remember and care about her (as she thinks that he will feel guilty). Hope you will like the song.

我不要你愛我 – Miriam Yeung

No comments:

Post a Comment