Tuesday, May 22, 2012

22nd May 2012 (出埃及記 – Miriam Yeung)

The song that I chose for today is “出埃及記” by Miriam Yeung. Miriam is one of the top pop singer currently in Hong Kong. Personally, I don’t like her new songs too much, but I lover the songs that she sung when she first started her career. Songs came out at those time have a different feeling to those that she sing these days. They tents to be less pop and her voice was quite fresh, feel a bit like Indie, these days even when she sung these song, they don’t sound the same.

出埃及記” is a song that came out during that time, it wasn’t a very popular song, but it is surely one of my favourite from Miriam. The English translation is “Exodus” (for those that don’t know, Exodus is a book in the Old Testament of the Bible.) My interpretation of the lyrics is that it talks about a girl with a broken heart because she had broken up with her boyfriend. She is basically lost and confuses and wish that they were not separated, but she know that it would require more than a miracle to restore their relationship. There are other interpretations, some that I read on the internet reckon that the song is about getting out from the lowest point in our life (to certain extent, it is the same interpretation as mine, just that the meaning broader).

I really like the way Miriam voice in this song, her voice make it sounds like it is a dream, lost and confuse, a very good match to the lyrics. Anyway, hope you will love this song as much as I do.
出埃及記 – Miriam Yeung


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, I absolutely love this song - is there anywhere we can get a translation of the lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this song is very nice. Despite that it is so old now, but every time I listen to it, I still got hooked by it and loop it a few times. I will try to translate it when I got time :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny,

    Okay, I promise promise this is the last one. I love that movie "Love Undercover," espeically when this song comes on. I have no idea what she's saying but she sings it sound beautifully

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByhFXRTYPDI


    thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin, glad that you like my blog :D I just wrote the song for today post:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/21st-mar-2016-miriam-yeung.html

      Delete