Thursday, May 10, 2012

10th May 2012 (理智與感情 – Jason Chan & Rainie Yang)

Today’s song is “理智與感情” by Jason Chan and Rainie Yang. This song came out in 2008, in Jason’s second album “Change”. The direct English translation of the title is “intellect and emotion”.

This song is about love. It basically discussing how love can’t be intellect, if love is intellect, then it is probably not love. But the main message of this song is that we shouldn’t be worried about how stupid we had loved others, because there are many people who had a broken heart is still surviving. Also we should treat this as an experience, without letting go you past, you will not find your bright future.

When I listen to this song, fragment of clips come up in my head. I remember when this song came out, I was overseas for a research exchange program. It was the first time I live by myself, and I was the first time in Japan, a place that I always wanted to go. I remembered I used to listen to this song when I go out for a walk at night. Everything was so convenient in Japan. I used to go home at around 7pm, then have dinner and rested for a bit. By the time I realised I need to get some food for the next day, it was already 10:30pm. Sometime, even worse, I keep chatting with my friends and family until I realised it was 12:00am. What I love about Japan is that there are supermarket open 24hrs a day. So I remember I used to bring my MP3 player with me and walk to the 24hrs supermarket. This song is one of the songs that I used to listen to during the walk. I remember I used to get a whole freeze salmon (this supermarket mainly sells in bulk). It was funny though when I got to the cashier, the guy sitting at the cashier would stare at me. I think he was probably thinking why this person walked in at around 12:30am and buying so much. It was a good time. Anyway, this song brings me back lots of memory, so hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
理智與感情 – Jason Chan & Rainie Yang


No comments:

Post a Comment