Saturday, August 27, 2016

27th Aug 2016 (一雙手 – Phil Lam)

The song for today is “一雙手” by Phil Lam. This is a reader request. Personally I quite like Phil Lam, got a rather nice voice and most of his songs feels quite peaceful. The direct English translation of the title is “A pair of hand”.

The lyrics of the song are about using our strength and will to get through the difficult time. The protagonist said: “Darkness, no matter how it eat up the light. No matter how the strong wind illegally used the wave. I don’t care much of it, as my life have a clear sky. All I wish for is to have a warm bed. Though to travel to a distance place in the morning. Following the road, the clothes starting to be soaked with sweat. Couldn’t lose the tight, all the people on the street are looking. I don’t have a strength. I know, my pair of hand, if I hold them into a fist then I can last. Doesn’t matter even if my face turned white, I will resist the tiredness. Chase, even if I can’t catch up to it, I still need to chase, to form this tiny achievement. A pair of hand, don’t need to beg people, and can just hold up. This world is cruel and heartless, but I will have no fear. When the sky opens it eyes, the warm wind blow, the cloud and fog will be blowed away and give me my fortress. Fate, if you don’t have strength, don’t pretend to be strong. Who is happy, listening to the gold coin bumping together. I wanted to listen to it once before I am buried with poverty. Why I ignored the hope of others on me.  Even if I was born in the wasteland, don’t let the dream die in the heart. Find it, chase it, escape. Remember a pair of hand, when it became a fist then you can keep going. Doesn’t matter even if I am alone, I will resist my eternal sleep. Couldn’t get rid of me, keep fighting, raining the most beautiful rain. A pair of hand, don’t need to beg people, and can just hold up. This world is cruel and heartless, but I will have no fear. When the sky opens it eyes, the warm wind blow, the cloud and fog will be blowed away, clear and clean.” Hope you will like the song.



一雙手 – Phil Lam

No comments:

Post a Comment