Tuesday, January 5, 2016

5th Jan 2016 (安徒生的錯 – Phil Lam)

The song for today is “安徒生的錯” by Phil Lam. This is a reader request. This song was released last year. The direct English translation of the title is “Andersen’s fault”. Here, it is referring to Hans Christian Andersen, a famous fairy tale writer.

The lyrics of the song are about how the world works under a set of values that are against the set of moral that we were taught when we were young. It said: “In the past, I miss trusted modest, and thought that being so will be rewarded. The reality is that, the crazier it is, the world would admire it. The value that we hold, in a messy world, who would admire it. Why that not distinguishing between good and evil will be admired? Blame it on Andersen, wrote such touching stories. Making me not to believe that god will not pity. If I believe in Andersen, and being modest, would I be protected by this world, not scarified? Lifted my head to gazed at the sky, the stars still shining. Looking back at the shadow, it is still around me. Mon’s words, in this crazy world become much stronger. The lesion learned during childhood, its value will not change. Blame it on Andersen, wrote such touching stories. Making me not to believe that god will not pity. If I decided to be naïve, continue to be a truthful person, will I be protected by god? I still got courage, still got my heart. My elegant is still on track, so I must believe, the ladder that reach the sky that I haven’t climb will soon be discovered one by one in this world. Blame it on Andersen, wrote such touching stories. How could I accept it if you vilify him. Perhaps I am still naïve, being truthful, but at least I am still protected by god, carrying about life.” Hope you will like the song.



安徒生的錯 – Phil Lam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sunny,

    First of all Thanks for Translating this song!

    Glad you liked the song.

    Best Wishes and a Happy New Year!!

    Thanks!!

    Leon

    ReplyDelete