Sunday, July 3, 2016

3rd July 2016 (越獄 – Kani 可兒)

The song for today is “越獄” by Kani (可兒). Kani is a new artist. I heard this song on a radio show recently and I quite like it so I decided to talk about it here. The direct English translation of the title is “prison break”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. It talks about how sometime love could be a pain, a form of fake happiness, so once you decided to let it go, your real happiness begin. By the way, I think if you are to play the video below, it is best just listen to it first without watching the MV, because I think the MV is not done quite well, and it takes away some of the credit of the song. Back to the lyrics, the protagonist said: “Love couldn’t stay. Forward or take a step back, both will bring to failure. Promise is like poem, freely flying through the taste bud. Clearly it was you who is creating the rules of love. So I need to be excited even when I have been taken advantaged. Hiding my tears is my public secret. Always gave you everything, but I only get some tiny gifts. Even when the deadline came, I still have no doubt. Why keep being truthful, using our fate to take advantage. All because today my heart has been hurt, and it only means that I will turn off the light tonight. Even if she has planned everything when I was in danger, even if she is hugging you every night, but you will someday know that who is more fake than you are. If been trapped, or forced to fight, you will pity me as a gift. Even if she doesn’t care, you will still give her everything. You are cruel, you made me to hide my talent at the beginning. Working hard to make me skip the gap between us. Even if I try to get into this fake environment, or even if I try to change it into a popular song, but I never hoped to give you my truth heart, or scarified it for you. If there is only ill fate left, why no matter how hard I try to dodge I still can’t find my double. But you will be able to know the future, who could give a bigger revenge. Even if I scarified, it could be a type of happiness. Perhaps I will be trapped for the whole life, no need to be pity and don’t want to listen to you keep asking. Even if my hand starts to shake, blocked a million arrows and none went through my heart. The pain that it left behind, will life on in my heart and become a type of mendicant. Promised, and got full marks, you will give me some type of gift as achievement. Even if she hurt you, you will still call her the winner. So stop waiting, today there is no act for me to hide. Restart from the beginning, become the old me, even if I have to walk the path alone. Become great, getting full marks, and I will fight to get even more marks. Can clock the feeling of the end of the world, against you to face the rest of the world. After the applause, I will hide my act for one second to thanks you for the gift that you gave me. To make me become a kite that have a broken line. Become me again, the old me. Cheers in the cold.” Hope you will like the song.

越獄 – Kani 可兒

No comments:

Post a Comment