Wednesday, November 11, 2015

11th Nov 2015 (川保久齡大戰山本耀司 – Soft Hard)

The song for today is “川保久齡大戰山本耀司” by Soft Hard. This is a reader request (or should I said challenge :p ) This is a very famous song from soft hard, the lyrics are full of fashion brands name. The direct English translation of the title is “Kawakubo Rei battling Yamamoto Yoji”. Note that Kawakubo Rei in Japanese is川久保玲 not 川保久齡 (even though they sounds very similar with the two middle word switch places). Kawakubo Rei is the creator of the Japanese fashion brand “Comme des Garçons” and Yamamoto Yoji is also a famous Japanese fashion designer.

The lyrics of the song are based around fashion brands. It said: “Friend, why were you late this morning? You went to find Kawakubo Rei or Yamamoto Yoji. Of cause you went to Central (a business/high class district in Hong Kong) to find Joyce (also is a brand), then went next door to Jur Jur Armani (referring to Giorgio Armani). I blindly worship all the international famous brands. Found the female sales that I know the beast, get discount then count money. Thanks for the sixty seven thousand, and return twenty cents. I only bought a T-shirt that was over size, on it printed a very large “C”. So what brand is this? It is a super brand that come from Italy. It’s call Italiano plus He no mor eat chi. I keep nodding my hear pretending that I got a lot of taste. Ready to turn around to buy Issey Miyake (another fashion designer), but he said tomorrow morning, and I got so angry. All these brand, wearing them on like as if I am a yuppies. My boss said that I am naïve, all these brand, must need to have a gold A.E. (referring to American Express). I keep prepaying, JPG got crazy design. A fish tank over the head, just like a monster prince. Wearing Comme des Garçons but went to catch a bus, wearing a paper bad and call myself a designer. With Levi’s 501, putting on a pair of Dr. Martin felt like I walked faster. Some point back in time, all youngster wear Bally. Making a comeback, there is also Kickers. For day to day stock, I will go to UNY. Daimaru (a Japanese department store) got expensive ice cream mocha (a ice cream type desert). Tokio Kumagai batteling Issey Miyaki. Comme Ca Du Mode fighting British Colony. C.P. Company win Yohji in the dream. Bennetton’s brother called Bossini (a brand in Hong Kong). I will always remember the Esprit on Hing Fat Street.Really all these brands are just fantasy. All these brand, money will spent easily. Wearing them make you look better? All these brands, really you just brows them, buying more and I will become a beggar. If I pretend to be a designer, then I should go to Headquarters to find High Jackie. Perm a beautiful heair to pretend as Terrence Trent D’arby. But who would have thought that my hair turn out to be like my idol Heath, also looks a bit like that Dutch Gullit. After perming my hair, of cause I need to have a party. After going to Soho, I go to JJ’s. They said members only. I said I got face, I know Mr crazy could you let me in? They kick me across the bay. I am full of famous brands and they still treat me like this. So how to be a successful yuppies? So really all these are just materialistic. If you are too into it, you will become numb. As a person, you shouldn’t get too into toys. You got to know when to stop.” Hope you will like the song.



川保久齡大戰山本耀司 – Soft Hard

4 comments:

  1. First, Thanks for translating! I really appreciate that you tried to translate the song! I really want to thank you many many times, I can't just describe it in words.
    The last few sentences I felt it was meaningful, but I didn't know what it meant. Now I know thanks to your translating!

    Keep up the good work!

    Agian, Thanks for everything!

    Leon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) They didn’t play around with too many words so it wasn’t too hard to translate. I am happy to see that you enjoy reading it :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, how are you doing lately? Are you still planning to switch to another job?

    Anyways if you have a moment can you translate 蘇永康 - 不想獨自快樂, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am doing ok. The job that I got interview previously was actually a job that I applied before I got my current job. So now I am actually much less active in looking for jobs, but having said that, I would still like to apply for other job if I happen to come across a good opportunity. My current job is only a contract role, so it is rather unstable and I don’t get any benefits that permanent staffs usually get. Not to mention that I lower my rate initially to hope for a better chance to get the job lol So my pay doesn’t cover for the loss of benefits :(

      As for your request, I have wrote it for today post :D Thanks for suggesting this song, it is a song that I quite like, but never remember the name of it.

      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/15th-nov-2015-william-so.html

      Delete