Friday, September 11, 2015

11th Sep 2015 (忘記的理由 – Joyce Cheng/給我一個理由忘記 – A-Lin)

The song for today is “忘記的理由” by Joyce Cheng. This is the Cantonese cover version of A-lin’s “給我一個理由忘記”. I personally really like Joyce’s version, I often loop it many times. The direct English translation of the title is “The reason to forget”.

The lyrics of the song are about love. The protagonist said: “It is a sunny day, but why there is rain. The past is like smoke, but ending developed a new direction. Love moved after the relationship, but this heart beat remain fresh. Get together then break up again, why after arguing for so many times we still want to be together? Come and go hurt people. Could I be happy alone? Merry-go-round, still understand that I still love him. There are a million of reasons to forget, but why I still haven’t let go? If when I leave, he tried to make me stay, why back then we broke up? There is an exit close by, the boat that supposed to save me, but why is it so sad. Tears are falling back and I couldn’t open my mouth, I have enough. It is a sunny day, but why it is so hard? Singing love song, but why that tear is so real. Celebrating for friend’s birthday, create the atmosphere. Drinking happily, even though we laugh together, my mood still drop. Come and go hurt people. Could I be happy alone?I am really scared, to admit that I still love him. There are a million of reasons to forget, but why I still haven’t let go? If when I leave, he tried to make me stay, why back then we broke up? There is an exit close by, the boat that supposed to save me, but why is it so sad. Tears are falling back and I couldn’t open my mouth, I have enough. There is no need to have a reason to forget, why do I still search for an excuse? Smile and wish that I could search for a reason, time will sand away the wound. After the pain, let me feel ashamed. Loved like a thief, never cared about my feeling. Even I am free, but the snow is already building up. Keep walking”. Hope you will like the song. As usual, I have also linked to the original version of the song.


忘記的理由 – Joyce Cheng



給我一個理由忘記 – A-Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment