Wednesday, January 21, 2015

21st Jan 2015 (沙沙的雨 – Anthony Lun and David Lui / Laughter In The Rain – Neil Sedaka)

The song for today is “沙沙的雨” by Anthony Lun and David Lui. This song was the Chinese cover version of “Laughter In The Rain” by Neil Sedaka. It was very popular when it was released in 1993. Back then thought I found it very annoying, as the melody was quite slow with not so interesting lyrics (I guess it is rather abstract that at that age I fail to understand what it was trying to describe). All I remember was that the “Ooh 沙沙的”, sung in a classic duet way, and the most annoying thing about it is that it stuck in my head so easily, so making an already annoying song even more annoying :p The English translation of the title is “Rustle of rain”.

The lyrics are about the protagonist thinking of the old time when he was with his best friend, and coincidentally he bump into this friend and bought back a lot of memories. The protagonist said: “Ooh in the rustle of rain, there were you and me. Listening to you laughing at me not as naïve as I was. Ooh the rustle rain is fluttering toward you and me. You know, I wanted to experience the past again. Who is knocking on the window? Just like a light rain. It sounds so familiar, is an old friend. We once accompanied each other, floated in the wind, flied at night. We were free, like a wild horse on the street. So we had once been wild. Thinking about the past, it created a ripple in our heart. I followed you to sing crazily. When we cried, we both pretend that it was just rain that wet our face. I am happy tonight as I managed to meet you again. We had been so busy and it great to meet up. Hope you will like the song. I have also linked to the original English version below.

Other Anthony related posts:

Other David Lui related posts:

沙沙的雨 – Anthony Lun and David Lui


Laughter In The Rain – Neil Sedaka



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny can you translate this song for me 愛與情 by Edmund Leung I think. Thx in advance !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wrote a post on it today, you can check it out here:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/23rd-jan-2015-edmond-leung.html

      Delete