Tuesday, January 20, 2015

20th Jan 2015 (失戀王 – Jordan Chan)

The song for today is “失戀王” by Jordan Chan (陳小春). I personally don’t like Jordan very much, but I got to admit his contribution. He was active in singing in early to mid 00’s. While he didn’t sing for very long, nor was he consider as skilful in singing, his songs and himself at one point did got famous. He is known for his sad love songs (they are usually so sad that the protagonist of the songs usually feel that he is a trash and not worthy of love). These days Jordan focuses in the China TV drama market and somewhat step into politic in China. The direct English translation of the title of the song is “King of breakup”. A side story, I remember back at time when this song was popular, one of my friend uses the name of this song as his ICQ name (yes, ICQ, the first generation of instant messenger. Feel so old even talking about it….). I didn’t know it was a song names, and I got worry about this friend, thinking that he might just got dump by his girlfriend and feel very sad. Then I asked whether he was ok, he told me it was just a song name, and I felt so stupid…..

The lyrics of the song are of his typical style, it is about the protagonist feeling that he is a complete loser in love. He said, he had sung all the sad song about being dumped by partner. But still, none is able to match the pain he felt in real life. The story of getting dump are all so similar, so no wonder he felt that every song was about him. So please don’t fight with him, let him sing the saddest song first. If you want to challenge him for being the saddest, then just pick up the microphone and sing a few sections. Will he sigh for you more than for himself? Even if you got tears, but no one would be able to be as sad as him. Opening up his wound is better than saying joke, it could entertain everyone, and he will get a lot of applause. Every relationship, he get the wrong person; the king of breakup. No one else would be as lucky as him. No one could get along with him, this shows his identity. Amount a thousand of people, there is only one person that is zero attractive. The lowest class, so that’s why he is number one, how could you be a match to me. If you wanted to know how disappointed he is with love, he could talk about it for a few nights, recorded painful songs that would be enough to open a concert. The lovers in his live, left behind many good bye, all together they could be a few thousand decibels. At the beginning, he just wanted a consolation award, but who would have though that his breakup would won him the winning cup. Look at him, so exciting; look at him, he finally got the biggest award, all because no one cares about him. Every relationship, he get the wrong person; the king of breakup. No one else would be as lucky as him. No one could get along with him, it is hard to regret for life. Amount a thousand of people, there is only one person that could score lower than zero in the love compartment. Negative three, he should have been happy and he will try harder. Enjoy.

失戀王 – Jordan Chan

6 comments:

  1. I remember using ICQ, I remember the 'uh oh' sounds, then when people went online there would be a knock knock sound. how come people stopped using it and moved to qq? I moved over to MSN after and now I don't use any. Anyways this is a good sad song, brought back some memories for me. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew you would like the song, though I think the lyrics are a bit to the extreme.

      As for ICQ, I had no idea why people stop using it. I remember my friend moved from ICQ to Yahoo Messenger, then later on moved to MSN (while I was quite reluctant to move away from ICQ). Eventually all the people that I know moved to MSN and so I was forced to move to MSN as well. These days, I just use Whatsapp. I tried to log back into ICQ a few years ago as there were people that I know through ICQ but lost contacted when I moved to MSN, but sadly I forgot my registered email and my password :( (I guess no one that I know would still be using ICQ either…..)

      Delete
    2. Yeah people just stopped using ICQ. I remember at one point I was using both ICQ and MSN as some people didn't want to use both. I still remember my icq number haha. But I wasn't considered an early user my number is 8 digits. So what do you think about the mars project where they are putting people on mars (one way ticket I think) and training them for a couple years. Do think people will live on mars in the future?

      Delete
    3. Talking about ICQ brought back so many memories. I think the first version that I used was 99b. I remember I used to create my skin by downloading a free skin from website and replacing some of the picture files with my own :p (Back then I had no knowledge on computer programing, so couldn’t write my own script). The end results were quite disgusting, they were just plain colour, sometime with a mismatched button as I couldn’t locate the picture file for the button.

      I think that it is inevitable that us human will land on Mars and try to live there. The way that we are using our resources are crazy, and so I believe that we will one day need to consume another planet if we are to continue the way we live now. Though, I doubt that we could overcome all the problems that we have with the Mars journey in the near future. While technically transporting human to Mars is doable, but there are many health issues that got to deal with. The journey to Mars takes at least a year I think, so radiation would be a big problem. Without the Earth atmosphere, the radiation is quite damaging. (Related to this is something call “Cosmic ray phenomena”, they are tiny particle traveling at super high speed. They shoot through astronauts’ suit and into their bodies. During the Apollo program they asked astronauts to counts the number of ‘ray’ that they see, as they had no clue what it was. Interesting thing, but very scary from the astronaut perspective) Also with astronauts forced to stay in such a small space for a long time with minimal interaction with the outside world, they might develop psychological problems. It is questionable whether they could actually make it to Mars in the near future. I think it is best that they test it out with animal first, like what they did when they attempted to travel to the moon. There is a Japanese comic/animation on this topic, call “Terra Formars” (such a great name, takes in account of ‘Terraform Mars’ and ‘Terror from Mars’). It is set in the future, with human sent cockroaches and algae to try to terraform Mars, but the cockroach evolved after 500 years and become human size and start attacking the landing human. Quite a good story, but quite violent.

      Delete
  2. yeah i used icq alot back then. I remember those skins. I didn't like using them, i found it confusing and sometimes I had trouble reading people's names. I did like the winamp skins though those were fun.

    Yeah should be interesting to see what happens when people land on mars. Interesting anime, funny how the cockroaches developed so fast and is able to attack earth. I think in the future we will develop faster technology to get to Mars. Right now its just too slow I think, by the time we are able to get to Mars in a few days I will probably be dead by then lol. What does the Cosmic ray phenomena do? Is it harmful to the body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Winamp, completely forgot about that program. I used that for many years, then switched to iTunes when I got my ipod. Those skins were fun, they change the Winamp interface drastically. I remember I change it quite often to get a new feel for the same old software.

      Yeah, a long time until traveling to Mars be equivalent to plane travel these days. To travel to Mars that frequent, I think they would need a more efficient way of transport. From memory, people suggested that a space elevator (which got mentioned occasionally in animations and movies) to the moon, then travel from a space hub on the moon to Mars would be a lot more efficient. By then I will probably be long gone :(

      I don’t know too much about the cosmic ray phenomena. All I know is that they are basically like dust in space, but due to their tiny size, a very small amount of energy is enough for them to travel at extraordinary speed (effectively like an atomic size bullet). Astronauts first notice them when they travel to space, they saw these white flashes, even when they closed their eye lid. Then in their next mission, they were asked to count the number of white flashes. Eventually they work out that the white flashes were caused by the particles traveling through the retina. Scientists examined the mirror window on the astronauts’ helmets under microscope and they saw all these tiny holes made by those space dust. I am not sure how damaging they are to the body, but to me the thought of having so many of this stuff shooting through your body every second is very scary, and I think it is quite damaging in the long run. So despite it is called “cosmic ray”, it really doesn’t have much to do with the actual cosmic ray. I think they call it that because the astronauts first see them as white flashes.

      Delete