Saturday, August 16, 2014

16th Aug 2014 (我很醜, 可是我很溫柔 – Chief Chao (趙傳))

The song that I chose for today is “我很醜, 可是我很溫柔” by Chief Chao (趙傳). This is another Chief’s iconic song. The direct English translation of the title is “I am ugly, but I am tender”.

The lyrics of the song are about life of the protagonist, he is not happy that he is not getting what he wanted, but he tried to tell himself that what he got is enough. The protagonist said “every night in my dream I am a giant. Every morning, in front of the mirror, I realised that I live on the edge of the razor blade. In the forest built from concrete; in a life that being ordered by people, calculating the distance between dreams and reality. I am ugly, but I am tender. I look cool, but inside I am hot. That’s me. I am ugly, but I got music and beer. A bit of humble, a bit of weakness, but I will never give up. Every morning, I am at the edge of the city, I am a lonely mask. Every night, in the field of music, I become a wild giant. On the stage that are edgeless, showing the side that others never understand, my life and my dignity are shining. I am ugly, but I am tender. Dull in day light, immortal at night time, that’s me. I am ugly, but I got music and beer. Sometime passionate, sometime unnoticeable, very good at waiting.” Hope you will like the song.

Related posts:


我很醜, 可是我很溫柔 – Chief Chao (趙傳)

No comments:

Post a Comment