Wednesday, May 22, 2013

22nd May 2013 (數三聲 (給神經緊張的你) – Chet Lam)

The song that I chose for today is “數三聲 (給神經緊張的你)” by Chet Lam. The direct English translation of the title is “Count to three (to the nervous you)”. I am so nervous and feel so much pressure today, my deadline for my thesis is approaching in around two months’ time, but yet I still got so much to do, so much to complete is such a short time. It feels likes as if the whole world is sitting on me, making me can’t breathe. So I search for a song that I hope can help me to relax a bit as I know feeling pressurised is not going to make it any better and I found this song.

The lyrics of the song tell us to relax from our pressure. To be honest, it feels a bit touching as it makes me feel that I am not alone. The lyrics start off saying that losing our memory, losing our voice, losing our love on and worry that we will lose our happiness. Every of these problems have their own characteristic and they make us feel tired. Sometime, we dreamed too much, wishes we have this and that and worried that we still haven’t found out love one. Now count to three, take a deep breath and they will be all gone. We might be worry about aging, worry about pain, worry about being bored to dead. Sometime we force ourselves to tolerate, force ourselves to move forward, force ourselves to get more results and at the end we force ourselves to death. Count to three and we are still alive, so there is no need to get angry. Perhaps there is no sunshine on our path, can’t hide from the bad weather and no one will understand how tired you are. But being worry and getting angry would age you quicker. Impatient, getting down and heart broken and the bad luck arrived, but remember if we are too hungry our brain would not function well. Nervous, depress and worry too much making you about to fall. Just count to three and laugh, you wouldn’t lose a single cell. The world might continue to get worse and you might continue to suffer. But you will have the strength to count to three and laugh when you have learnt how to laugh.

Although I am still nervous and worry after listing to the song, but it makes me feel a bit better. At least I now feel I got the courage to keep going. I guess we felt worry because we think that what we are about to face it something that we can’t handle or something that will rarely happen in our life. But really, things like this always happened in our life, and as a human, we really have no choice but to face the problem. We might think that we can try to avoid a problem by running away, but by taking a different route, we will eventually face a similar problem. We can’t keep running away for the rest of our lives, so perhaps we should take out some courage and face the problem once and for all. Then at least we know will have one less problem to worry about. Hope you will enjoy the song.


數三聲 (給神經緊張的你) – Chet Lam

No comments:

Post a Comment