Wednesday, April 10, 2013

9th Apr 2013 (落葉歸根 – Leehom Wang)


The song that I chose for today is “落葉歸根” by Leehom Wang. I went to Leehom’s concert tonight. I don’t really listen to his songs often but I went to his concert as someone gave me a ticket for free. I wasn’t his fans, but I guess now I am. He is so talented, played piano, guitar, violin and a Chinese instrument call erhu (二胡). The night was enjoyable. In the concert I heard the song “落葉歸根” and I love it, so I thought I will talk about it tonight. I am not quite sure how to translate the title into English, the best that I can come up with is “falling leaf returning to root”. It is a phase used in Chinese to describe people who live away from home are returning.

The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist returning home. It start off telling us that the protagonist work very hard, day and night he work just so that he can get enough money to feed his family. One day he packed all the money that he got and decided to return to his home town to meet his family. When he got back home, he found that his wife have passed away. So all of a sudden he felt that everything that he has done is for nothing. He originally wishes that they could finally have some good time together, but now everything is too late. Hope you will enjoy the song.

Related posts:

落葉歸根 – Leehom Wang



No comments:

Post a Comment