Tuesday, March 26, 2013

25th Mar 2013 (出生入死 – Denise Ho & 鬼 – Denise Ho)

The song that I chose for today is “出生入死” by Denise Ho. This song is one of my favourite by Denise. It is also a song from the first Denise’s album that I bought. These days, Denise’s singing style is so different, I guess songs like this will never be included in her album again. I found the title is a bit hard to translate into English, so I checked on Google translate (I found most of the time, the Google translate are not too accurate), it suggested “Go through fire and water”. The title in Chinese is a phase that usually describes a few people who have been through a lot together.

Some said that the lyrics are about the end of life. While I think it is partly about that, but I believe it also try to describe the end of a relationship. I think what it is describing is that the protagonist was dumped by her boyfriend, but she still hasn’t accepted this fact. But as the songs goes, she realised that even though she is not happy with this outcome, she still have to accept it. If you are viewing this song from the life perspective, it could be interpreted as the protagonist had come to the end of her life. There are many things that she don’t wanted to let go, but now that it comes to an end, no matter how hard she tried, she has to say good bye to these things.

When the first time I listen to this song, I thought my stereo system was broken, because after the song was finish, the disk still spin. It was after like 10-15 minutes later I realised that there was a hidden track. The hidden track called “” (“Ghost”). This is why people say that “出生入死” is about the end of life, because after a person passed away, they turn into ghost. I love this hidden track as well, but back in the CD era, it was very annoying because I have to fast forward the track to the start of the song, and most of the time I missed it. It was the main reason that keeps me away from listening to it frequently. Of cause, these days, it is just a matter of a few clicks, or if I can be border, I would separate the tracks. I guess this is the benefit of digital age. Anyway hope you will like the song. Since I found ” on youTube, so I have linked to it as well. 


出生入死 – Denise Ho

鬼 – Denise Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment