Friday, August 3, 2012

3rd Aug 2012 (順流逆流 – Paula Tsui)

The song that I chose for today is “順流逆流” by Paula Tsui. This is a very old Chinese song. The direct English translation of the title is “go with the flow and against the flow”, what it means it there are times those things goes all good and there are times when things go bad.

The lyrics is about that we don’t know whether there would be an end to our future, but we can be sure that what have happened had passed. Every bit of our tears was accompanied with our dreams, and they leave silently. Then it talks about that we have been old enough to have a taste of success and failure. No matter how hard it is today, we wouldn’t let go. We wouldn’t care about what other said, we would only follow our heart. We shouldn’t believe that we could gain without sacrifices and we should believe that every bit of our sweat (i.e. hard work) will be exchanged to a bit of success.

I feel very unhappy today as so many things have gone wrong. I tried my hardest to prevent them from happening, but still so many unexpected things had occurred, all in the bad ways. I am not sure how much longer I could last. When I look through my iTunes play list tonight to figure out what song I should talk about, I found this song. To some degree, listening to this song make me feel better. At least it reminded me about the good time that I used to have a few years ago and gave me hope that things will become better if I keep trying. Hope you will enjoy this song too.


順流逆流 – Paula Tsui


No comments:

Post a Comment